For over 10 years our Environmental Solutions Department has been providing maintenance and trouble-shooting services for many existing vacuum drainage systems as well as through-life support of our engineered EVAC systems installed across Australia.
We offer maintenance services to all building sectors including:
- high-rise buildings incl. offices, shopping centres, supermarkets, convention centres including existing building fitouts
- public buildings incl. historic and heritage listed sites, railway stations, airports, schools, universities, medical centres, prisons and other remote sites.
The scope of maintenance services we provide for existing vacuum systems includes:
- electrical and mechanical engineering support
- energy efficiency and sustainability assessments
- vacuum plant operational assessments
- whole of vacuum system assessment to ensure conformity to vacuum drainage guidelines and design principles including:
- vacuum integrity testing
- on-site assessments and audits as well as vacuum pipework inspections
- vacuum toilet and vacuum interfacing component testing
- upgrade of existing vacuum toilets and vacuum interfacing components to the latest technology available from EVAC
- assessment reports outlining required upgrades and improvements to return vacuum system efficiency.
Our support team has extensive experience in identifying and eliminating symptoms of faulty vacuum drainage systems including:
- water overflowing and/or backing up in sinks
- overflowing, not flushing or continuously discharging/flushing vacuum toilets
- very low vacuum or no vacuum availability.
We have capabilities to work directly with:
- major plumbing contractors
- minor works and fit out contractors
- building owners and operators
- facilities managers
- engineering and hydraulic consultants.
We work to the following standards:
- BS EN 12109-1999 Vacuum drainage systems inside buildings
- AS 3500.2 Sanitary plumbing and drainage
- NCC – National Construction Code (Building Code of Australia)
- PCA – Plumbing Code of Australia
- WSAA Vacuum Sewerage Code of Australia (WSA 06-2004)
- AS4310:2004 – DN80 Piston Type Vacuum Interface Valves for Municipal Sewer Systems
- SA TS 100:2015 Technical Specification for Vacuum WC pans and interface valves intended for use with vacuum drainage systems and designs.
As part of our ongoing effort to bring environmentally sustainable and economically efficient vacuum waste management solutions to the Australian market, we have actively participated over the past 5 years within the Plumbing Products Industry Group and its Vacuum Drainage System Special Interest Group. This industry group, of which H.I. Fraser is an active participant, is currently developing the Australian Standard for vacuum drainage systems within buildings for the benefit of the Australian Community.