Based in Australia, HIFraser was founded on a fundamental passion for fixing both complex and simple gas and liquid problems. It is this passion that has seen us operate for over 60 years, with the current ownership beginning in 1989.
In those 60 years we have provided manufacturing and engineering solutions to a number of pivotal national projects:
- We manufactured the hydraulic fittings package for the COLLINS Class submarines,
- We supplied the sewage system and air system components for the ANZAC Ship program,
- We supplied the sewage system and manufactured the air and diving gas systems to the HUON Class MHC build program,
- We were a crucial capability partner for the system integration of the Replenishment at Sea System into the HMAS SIRIUS (MV DELOS),
- We were a key partner in the design and delivery of the RAAF Hypobaric chamber,
- We designed and delivered the hyperbaric support systems for the HMAS PENGUIN redevelopment,
- We manufactured and supplied over 900 different types of components and over a total of 22,500 individual components to the AWD program,
- We upgraded the Australian Navy Submarine Escape and Rescue System (SERS) in which we engineered and manufactured two world first engineering solutions,
- We have supplied valves and fluid system components to every major oil and gas program including Gorgon, Icthys, APLNG, GLNG, Darwin LNG and Bass Strait oil rigs,
- We designed and built the upgrade of the hydraulic control system for the sluice gate at Burrendong Dam.
We are proud of our technical capability and we also understand international pricing. We have exported niche engineering products and systems to a number of countries including Pakistan, Borneo, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, South Korea and South Africa.
During our 60 year journey we have learnt that we are only as good as our last job and that the ability to design and deliver a robust engineering solution is how we will be judged in the future.
We can help bound and solve your engineering problems, whether it is as small as an individual fittings, a medium size solution which may be a dam sluice hydraulic system or as large as the integration and commissioning of a HVAC system.
Growth into other specialist areas
Our origins are in the 1950’s as a reseller for Hale Hamilton valves. Over time we realised that our keen eye for detail and technical skills were applicable to other mechanical systems. We also recognised that we needed to diversify in order to become a more resilient business. As a result, we acquired several companies to broaden our offering.
- Philcor – marine and rail vacuum waste collection and waste treatment systems
- Total Fluid Power (TFP) – control and instrumentation systems for the oil & gas, mining, process and hazardous area sectors.
- Pipeline Actuation & Control (PAC) – specialist valves and actuator packages for oil and gas.
Philcor was acquired in 2001 to broaden our product offering. It was also a logical move as Philcor was the Australia Evac and Iseki agent and both of these brands are used in vacuum systems. Basically, we knew that we were competent in pressurised systems, so how hard could it be to understand the opposite in vacuum systems? For us, not hard at all.
Total Fluid power was acquired by HIFraser in 2006 to grow our footprint in the Oil and Gas market. Now operating under the name HIFraser Fluid Controls, we provide a wide array of engineered fluid control systems.
Recognising a need for high quality valves, automation packages and control systems, HIFraser Pipeline Actuation and Control was acquired in 2010. Servicing mostly oil and gas pipeline sectors, this recent acquisition allows us to offer a large range of valves to suit a variety of needs.