Tomoe Tritec valves are based on the Triple Offset design, which combiines the control capabilities of ball or globe valves, with the inherent benifits of a butterfly valve.
In comparison to conventional valves, butterfly valves are smaller and lighter, making them ideal for space concious plant designs, particularly FPSO’s and offshote rigs. However, a standard butterfly valves does not have the control or shut off requirements for high pressure, high temperature applications. The Triple Offset design moves the centre of rotation within the valve and utilises an ellipsoidal sealing geometry. This allows a wide range of metal seating materials to be used, providing zero leakage performance on high temperature, high pressure and firesafe applications.
Benifits of the triple Offset design are:
- The Tritec design of triple offset valves is the most technologically advanced available, justifying it’s reputation as the Ultimate Process Valve. It’s class leading benefits include:
- Available fully rated to Class 2500lb
- Standard materials conform to NACE, all exotic materials also available.
- Laminated seat is mounted in the body, removing it from the erosive effects of the flowing media.
- Both seat and seal are field replaceable without special tools.
- Unique elliptical bolting pattern allows foolproof replacement of seat and seal.
- Gasket sealing face is completely uninterrupted by fixings.
- Suitable for use with Spiral Wound gaskets and all flange finishes including RTJ.
- Antiblowout device on shaft.
- ISO mounting flange allows easy fitting and changing of operators.
- Operator is bolted and doweled to prevent radial movement and subsequent loss of seating torque.
- Body counterbore and seat bolting arranged elliptically to ensure equal support, gasket land and gasket loading all around the elliptical edge of the laminated body seat.
- Inboard and outboard thrust mechanisms prevent decentralising of disc, even under high temperature and line pressure.
- Bi-directional bubble tight shut off.
- Inherently fire-safe by design.
- Zero seat/seal friction.
- Low torques.
- Extended service life.
- Excellent flow and throttling characteristics covering services from Cryogenic to high temperature.
- Rotary stem movement and packing materials provide excellent control of Fugitive Emission